* the political orientation of those who favor government by the people or by their elected representatives
* a political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them
* majority rule: the doctrine that the numerical majority of an organized group can make decisions binding on the whole group
* Democracy is a quarterly journal of progressive and liberal politics, as well as culture, founded by Kenneth Baer and Andrei Cherny in 2006. ...
* Democracy is the eleventh studio album of English post-punk group Killing Joke. It was released on CD in April 1996, and there was also a cassette version. A remastered CD with a remix of "Democracy" was released on 20 June 2005 by Cooking Vinyl.
* Democracy, Joan Didion's fourth novel, was published in 1984. Set in Hawaii and Southeast Asia at the end of the Vietnam War, the book tells the ...
* The following is a partial list of the varieties of democracy.
* Democracy in the fictional future city of Mega-City One has been a significant recurring theme in the Judge Dredd comic strip in 2000 AD. ...
* Miro (previously known as Democracy Player and DTV ) is an Internet television application developed by the Participatory Culture Foundation. It is supported on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. The program supports most known video files and offers sound and video, some in HD quality.
* Democracy is a government simulation game that was first developed by Positech Games in 2005, with a sequel released in December 2007. The player plays as if he/she is the president or prime minister of a democratic government. ...
* Democracy is a play by Michael Frayn which premiered at the Royal National Theatre on September 9, 2003, directed by Michael Blakemore, starring ...
* democratic - characterized by or advocating or based upon the principles of democracy or social equality; "democratic government"; "a democratic country"; "a ...
* democratic - representing or appealing to or adapted for the benefit of the people at large; "democratic art forms"; "a democratic or popular movement"; "popular thought"; "popular science"; "popular fiction"
* The Democrats - Les Démocrates (English: The Democrats) was a provincial political party in Quebec, Canada, founded by former Ralliement créditiste du Québec leader Camil Samson and former Progressive Conservative Party of Canada federal cabinet minister Pierre Sévigny on November 18, 1978. ...
* The Democrats (Demokraatit) are a liberal and social-liberal, political party in Greenland. At the legislative elections on the fifteenth of November 2005, the party won 22.8% of the popular vote, and seven out of 31 seats, rising from 2002 totals of 15.6% of the popular vote and five out of 31 ...